Wednesday, August 10, 2011

not many


being sensitive and insensitive. a dear friend is school was talking to me yesterday. Being a cancer survivor for more than 10 years, she was expressing how she felt over an incident happened to her recently. It was about another colleague making a remark about her cane. My friend is I guess is permanently walking with a cane after her cancer treatment. i feel that some idiots really need to be advised on what to say or not to say, even sometimes you meant well. but hey, it wont mean well if the person is not even your close friend. A close or good friend will somehow understand that - oh, that's how she's like. But not others. You will just be the plain insensitive person. Out of about 67 colleagues, there is not even half that i could call 'real' friends. Thus, i don't even feel bad about myself for not having many. Mom once told me to just avoid people with 'negative elements'. They tend to lead you to be one.

friends to shop with? nope, i don't have a shopping buddy.
friends to hang out with? nope, i don't hang out.
friends to chat online? nope. On the day the announced the 'Deactivate your FB' day, i participated, and later on activated a new account with my siblings and nieces as my friends. And the friend list extended for a few strangers (online shopping purposes)

and i don't have a hobby. I shop. is that a hobby?

When i get pissed or upset or unhappy or even happy for that matter, the little few & same people are the only people who i will be sharing my thoughts with. With that in mind - dude, sorry for thinking that i own you.

But then again,...no, i'm not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment